 From: Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 5, 2013 12:10 AM
Subject: Re: How Can I store the Hive query result in one file ?

Normally if use set mapred.reduce.tasks=1 you get one output file. You can also look at
hive.merge.mapfiles, mapred.reduce.tasks, hive.merge.reducefiles also you can use a separate tool https://github.com/edwardcapriolo/filecrush

will hive -e "query" > filename  or hive -f query.q > filename will do ?