MapReduce >> mail # user >> What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?

Re: What's the basic idea of pseudo-distributed Hadoop ?
The only difference between pseudo-distributed and fully distributed would
be scale. You could say that code that runs fine on the former, runs fine
too on the latter. But it does not necessary mean that the performance will
scale the same way (ie if you keep a list of elements in memory, at bigger
scale you could receive OOME).

Of course, like it has been implied in previous answers, you can't say the
same with standalone. With this mode, you could use a global mutable static
state thinking it's fine without caring about distribution between the
nodes. In that case, the same code launched on pseudo-distributed will fail
to replicate the same results.

Regards

Bertrand

--