Flume >> mail # user >> HDFS SINK  "txnEventMax" property

HDFS SINK  "txnEventMax" property
Hi

What is the significance of this property?
I think because of this property almost 100 files are being created within
a particular rolling interval instead of 1.

If I set it to 1; what performance penalty it may cause?

Regards,
Jagadish