MapReduce, mail # user - Hello! - Hadoop: System Requirements.

+
Cristian Carranza 2012-08-14, 13:24
Re: Hello! - Hadoop: System Requirements.
Julien Muller 2012-08-14, 14:05
if your purpose is learn / dev / demo, it would be a good idea to use a VM.
You will not only be able to use a static IP, but also keep copies of
working systems, make some tests, learn how to setup a cluster with only 1
physical machine. And much more.

Julien

2012/8/14 Cristian Carranza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>   Hello all in this list!
>
> Thank you Harsh J for your help! I decided to post it again in order to
> properly identify myself in the archive list.
>

> My name is Cristián and I am trying to learn Hadoop and to use it in near
> future...
>
> I’ve started to learn Hadoop via Infosphere BigInsights (IBI), Basic
> Edition, from IBM.
> But I am facing problems now that make me wonder if there are alternative
> ways to learn Hadoop.
>
> The biggest problem is that IBI demands a static IP address, and this is a
> tough requirement for me, since I travel a lot for business and always use
> IP address assigned via DHCP..
> Is there a way to use Hadoop without a static IP address?
>
> More general question: What are the system requirements for installation
> of Hadoop?
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Cristián Carranzal.

+