MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hello! - Hadoop: System Requirements.

Re: Hello! - Hadoop: System Requirements.
if your purpose is learn / dev / demo, it would be a good idea to use a VM.
You will not only be able to use a static IP, but also keep copies of
working systems, make some tests, learn how to setup a cluster with only 1
physical machine. And much more.

Julien