MapReduce, mail # user - Memory Leak while using LocalJobRunner

Memory Leak while using LocalJobRunner
Subroto 2013-05-17, 14:39
Hi,

I have an application which uses LocalJobRunner to process MR Jobs. From the heap dump of my application I can see multiple object with Name $Proxy90;  happens to be created by org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl.register(Callback).
Every-time a LocalJobRunner is launched it creates JobTrackerInstrumentation and QueueMetrics.

While creating this MetricsSystem ; it registers and adds a Callback to ArrayList which keeps on growing as the DefaultMetricsSystem is Singleton. Is it a known bug? Is there any workaround to empty this list?

Cheers,
Subroto Sanyal
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-17, 17:33