Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE - RELEASE PLAN] create branch-1.1 and make release candidate 1.1.0

[VOTE - RELEASE PLAN] create branch-1.1 and make release candidate 1.1.0
Matt Foley 2012-05-18, 01:52
Hi all,
I would like to branch "branch-1.1" from the current HEAD of branch-1,
and proceed to make a release candidate for hadoop-1.1.0 from it.
I'm also hereby offering to be Release Manager for branch-1.1, as I have
been
for branch-1.0.

There's a LOT of stuff in branch-1, over 80 patches not in the branch-1.0
line, so I anticipate
the need for some stabilization.  So I'll float the RC0 for a week or so,
before possibly calling
a vote on it.  Sound okay?

Somewhat to my surprise, I found that our bylaws require a seven-day formal
vote
on this proposal.  So, please vote.  Voting will close on Thursday 24 May,
7pm PDT.

Best regards,
--Matt