HBase >> mail # user >> HBase MapReduce - Using mutiple tables as source

Re: HBase MapReduce - Using mutiple tables as source
Hi Amlan,

I think if you share your usecase regarding two tables as inputs, people on
the mailing list may be able to help you better. For example, are you
looking at joining the two tables? What are the sizes of the tables etc?

Best Regards,
Sonal

<http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Ioakim Perros <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Isn't that the case that you can always initiate a scanner inside a map
> job (referring to another table from which had been set into the
> configuration of TableMapReduceUtil.**initTableMapperJob(...) ) ?
>
> Hope this serves as temporary solution.
>
> On 08/06/2012 02:35 PM, Mohammad Tariq wrote:
>
>> Hello Amlan,
>>
>>      Issue is still unresolved...Will get fixed in 0.96.0.
>>
>> Regards,
>>      Mohammad Tariq
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Amlan Roy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> While writing a MapReduce job for HBase, can I use multiple tables as
>>> input?
>>> I think TableMapReduceUtil.**initTableMapperJob() takes a single table
>>> as
>>> parameter. For my requirement, I want to specify multiple tables and scan
>>> instances. I read about MultiTableInputCollection in the document