HDFS >> mail # dev >> Recovering fsImage from Namenode Logs

Recovering fsImage from Namenode Logs
Hi all,
I accidentally issued a rmr on my home directory, but killed the NameNode
as soon as i realized it. Currently I am in a situation where my DataNodes
have a good percentage of blocks on them, but the NameNode fsImage and
editlog don't have a mention of any file or file to block to mappings in
that directory. I also don't have any previous checkpoints of fsImage.

Fortunately, what I do have is namenode logs for the past few days that
have NameSystem changes recorded. Is there a way to reconstruct my old
fsImage from the logs so that it recognizes the blocks that are there on
the datanodes? Has anybody tried something like this before?

--
Thanks.

Regards,
Ishan Chhabra