Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: DataBlockScanner's rate limit

Re: DataBlockScanner's rate limit
Hi,

The DataBlockScanner isn't responsible for the DN block reports at
startup, which is a wholly different thread/process - it is a NN
independent operation that merely verifies blocks in the background
for the DN's own health. Depending on what the outage caused, it is
likely that you are missing a mount and perhaps blocks of files with a
single replica. Run an fsck to identify what files these are and if
they used a single replication factor?

--
Harsh J