Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Backporting policy proposal

+
Christopher 2013-06-17, 17:07
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-06-17, 21:26
+
Dave Marion 2013-06-17, 22:35
+
Christopher 2013-06-18, 00:22
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-06-18, 13:50
+
John Vines 2013-06-17, 20:02
+
Christopher 2013-06-17, 20:59
+
Christopher 2013-06-17, 21:05
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-06-18, 14:53
+
Christopher 2013-06-18, 17:50
+
Keith Turner 2013-06-18, 16:05
+
Mike Drob 2013-06-18, 20:59
+
Christopher 2013-06-18, 17:55
+
Keith Turner 2013-06-18, 18:21
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-18, 15:05
Re: Backporting policy proposal
On Jun 18, 2013 11:05 AM, "Josh Elser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Agree, although doesn't the transition to git alleviate the problems with
>> order of operations?
>>

> I don't understand what you mean by "order of operations". If you push a
commit in 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT that should really be in 1.4.4-SNAPSHOT, Git will
not handle this well in terms of an accurate history.

I don't really understand either -- that was mostly speculation. Doesn't
the reliance on hashes of the patch rather than commit IDs make it
immaterial as to which branch a patch was committed to first? Admitedly, I
am not an expert on git.

Adam
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-18, 15:43