HDFS >> mail # dev >> Merging Namenode Federation feature (HDFS-1052) to trunk

Merging Namenode Federation feature (HDFS-1052) to trunk
We have started pushing changes for namenode federation in to the feature branch HDFS-1052. The work items are created as subtask of the jira HDFS-1052 and are based on the design document published in the same jira. By the end of this week, we will complete pushing the changes to HDFS-1052 branch. Though the changes in these jiras are already committed, please do provide your feedback on either HDFS-1052 or its subtasks. New items that come out of the feedback will be addressed in new jiras.

Current status of the development:
# The testing of this feature is underway. Most of the basic functionality has been tested both for a single namenode cluster (for backward compatibility) and with multiple namenodes.
# All the existing tests and newly added tests pass (same as trunk).

We plan on merging this branch to trunk after a week or two. This will help us continue make future changes on the trunk. I will send an announcement before merging the federation branch into trunk.

Regards,
Suresh
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-03-12, 16:43