Hadoop >> mail # general >> Homestretch for hadoop-0.22

Re: Homestretch for hadoop-0.22
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Konstantin Shvachko
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2. Assemble build is needed.
> By assemble build I mean a Jenkins target which produces a tarball
> that includes all three sub-projects. It is like a daily build. One of
> this builds is assigned to be release a candidate and then the
> release. We can do it in traditional way, based on scripts developed
> in HADOOP-6846. Or we can try to do it with BigTop.

For anybody who's interested in testing the potential release and HBase
0.92 RC here's what I've created on top of Bigtop:
  1. For a more classical tarball approach to testing/deployment, there's
      an assembly build Apache jenkins job:
          https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-22-Build/
     A potential release artifacts could be pulled from there (along with the
     usual md5/sha1 info).

  2. For a more convenient installation experience of Hadoop + HBase, here's
  a Bigtop build of package artifacts:
      CentOS/RHEL:
http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Hadoop%200.22/job/Bigtop-hadoop22-centos5/
      Ubuntu: http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Hadoop%200.22/job/Bigtop-hadoop22-ubuntu-lucid/
   Anybody who's interested in trying out the combination can simply grab a repo
   file from those jobs and yum/apt-get install the bits. E.g.:
      centos$ sudo wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/bigtop.repo
http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Hadoop%200.22/job/Bigtop-hadoop22-centos5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/output/bigtop.repo
      centos$ sudo yum search hadoop
      centos$ sudo yum install hadoop-conf-pseudo hadoop-hbase*
   Or:
      ubuntu$ sudo wget -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bigtop.list
http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Hadoop%200.22/job/Bigtop-hadoop22-ubuntu-lucid/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/output/bigtop.list
      ubuntu$ sudo apt-get update
      ubuntu$ sudo apt-get install hadoop-conf-pseudo hadoop-hbase*

Happy testing and let me know if anything seems to be missing.

Thanks,
Roman.