Hive >> mail # dev >> writing your own custom map-reduce to scan a table

Re: writing your own custom map-reduce to scan a table
Hi,

I am not sure to understand why this question is asked in the dev mailing
list of hive. You will have more answer using common hadoop or hbase
mailing lists.

The answer is that you have to use a custom InputFormat for HBase like
TableInputFormat
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/TableInputFormat.html

Regards

Bertrand