Hive >> mail # user >> hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory

+
Raj Hadoop 2013-05-21, 17:08
+
Raj Hadoop 2013-05-21, 17:42
+
Dean Wampler 2013-05-21, 17:44
+
Raj Hadoop 2013-05-21, 17:49
+
bharath vissapragada 2013-05-21, 17:59
+
Raj Hadoop 2013-05-21, 18:04
+
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-05-21, 17:53
+
Raj Hadoop 2013-05-21, 18:04
Re: hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory
No, you only need a directory in HDFS, which will be "virtually located"
somewhere in your cluster automatically by HDFS.

Also there's a typo in your hive.xml:

  <value/software/home/hadoop/hive/hive-0.9.0/warehouse</value>

Should be

  <value>/correct/path/in/hdfs/to/your/warehouse/directory</value>

Raj Hadoop 2013-05-21, 18:11
+
bharath vissapragada 2013-05-21, 18:12
+