Zookeeper, mail # user - Is quorum lost when leader goes down?

+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-10-01, 22:34
Re: Is quorum lost when leader goes down?
Patrick Hunt 2012-10-02, 00:43
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Jordan Zimmerman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If the leader crashes I would assume that quorum is lost for a short time until a new leader can be elected. Is that true?

yes.

> What is the client's view of this? Does the client see an connection disruption when the leader crashes?

All servers stop serving client connections during re-election. The
client tcp connections are all closed. Once a new leader is elected
and the followers are all in sync the servers start serving client
connections again.

Also see the "reliability" section here:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.4/zookeeperOver.html#Reliability

Patrick