HBase >> mail # user >> How practical is it to add a timestamp oracle on Zookeeper

+
yun peng 2013-04-16, 12:14
Re: How practical is it to add a timestamp oracle on Zookeeper
Hi Yun,

If I understand you correctly, that mean that each time our are going to do
a put or a get you will need to call ZK first?

Since ZK has only one master active, that mean that this ZK master will be
called for each HBase get/put?

You are going to create a bottle neck there. I don't know how many RS you
have, but you will certainly hotspot you ZK server. I'm not sure it's a
good idea.

JM

2013/4/16 yun peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi, All,
> I'd like to add a global timestamp oracle on Zookeep to assign globally
> unique timestamp for each Put/Get issued from HBase cluster. The reason I
> put it on Zookeeper is that each Put/Get needs to go through it and unique
> timestamp needs some global centralised facility to do it. But I am asking
> how practical is this scheme, like anyone used in practice?
>
> Also, how difficulty is it to extend Zookeeper, or to inject code to the
> code path of HBase inside Zookeeper. I know HBase has Coprocessor on region
> server to let programmer to extend without recompiling HBase itself. Does
> Zk allow such extensibility? Thanks.
>
> Regards
> Yun

+