HBase >> mail # user >> How practical is it to add a timestamp oracle on Zookeeper

Re: How practical is it to add a timestamp oracle on Zookeeper
Hi Yun,

If I understand you correctly, that mean that each time our are going to do
a put or a get you will need to call ZK first?

Since ZK has only one master active, that mean that this ZK master will be
called for each HBase get/put?

You are going to create a bottle neck there. I don't know how many RS you
have, but you will certainly hotspot you ZK server. I'm not sure it's a
good idea.

JM