HBase >> mail # user >> regions not balanced, CDH4.1.2

regions not balanced, CDH4.1.2
We upgraded to CDH4.1.2 (contains HBASE-3373) in one of our
environments.  After filling that environment with data, I was
surprised to see that regions were not balanced across regionservers
at the table level.  We have restarted all regionservers at least once
here.

In [1], I see Stack's reference to temporarily adding
"hbase.master.startup.retainassign=false" and restarting nodes.  Is
this a necessary step on the path to region balancing nirvana?

Norbert

[1] http://search-hadoop.com/m/MQSPEyUQIv1