Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Initiating the Monitor Improvements project

+
Supun Kamburugamuva 2013-06-17, 19:06
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-18, 02:12
+
Supun Kamburugamuva 2013-06-18, 02:17
Re: Initiating the Monitor Improvements project
Sort of.

The ASF has its own Git repository hosting [1]. As I understand it,
these are then mirrored to the Git r/o mirror [2] (our SVN codebase
currently is made available r/o here). That r/o Git mirror is then
mirrored up to the ASF Github account [3].

Given that we have to wait for some free-cycles from INFRA to do the
transition, if you would like to use Github, you're likely best to work
off of the 'trunk' branch from [3]. If necessary we (I) can help you get
some nice patches from your changes in your Git repo.

[1] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf
[2] http://git.apache.org/
[3] https://github.com/apache/accumulo

On 06/17/2013 10:17 PM, Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> I'm familiar with Github. I saw that you are moving the sources to Github.
> Is the github repository created for Accumulo?
>
> Thanks,
> Supun..
>

> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Supun,
>>
>> That sounds fine by me. If you're familiar with it, something like Github
>> may give you better ability to track your progress (and give better insight
>> into your work). We could then generate a patch from your changes.
>>
>> Up to you though. If you're happy with patches, they're fine by us!
>>

>> On 06/17/2013 03:06 PM, Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to start working on the Google Summer of Code project from
>>> today. As of the schedule I will start working on the JMX API for the
>>> monitor.
>>>
>>> When I write code is it okay to attach them as patches to a Jira as I go
>>> on? Then you will be able to check weather I'm on track with the
>>> implementation.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Supun..

+