HBase, mail # user - Coprocessors and Zookeeper sessions

Re: Coprocessors and Zookeeper sessions
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-15, 18:19
You didn't say which HBase version. I'm assuming 0.94.

When registered on a region, your endpoint will get an environment as
RegionCoprocessorEnvironment. See in
o.a.h.h.coprocessor.MultiRowMutationEndpoint an example of how an endpoint
can get the region coprocessor environment, like so:

    RegionCoprocessorEnvironment env = (RegionCoprocessorEnvironment)
getEnvironment();

You can the get to ZooKeeper via:

   ZooKeeperWatcher watcher = env.getRegionServerServices().getZooKeeper();
   RecoverableZooKeeper zk = watcher.getRecoverableZooKeeper();
   ZooKeeper rawZK = zk.getZooKeeper();

Or thereabouts, pardon any typos. The 'zk' object gives you the ZK API with
HBase's enhancements for retrying idempotent operations. The 'rawZK' object
is the unadorned ZK ZooKeeper instance.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy