Hive >> mail # user >> Partitioning an external hbase table

Partitioning an external hbase table
Is it possible to define partitions for a external table backed by Hbase? If so what is the proper syntax?

I already have an external table backed by base and I'm finding that for even simple SELECT queries the load isn't getting evenly distributed a across the map tasks.  Some tasks see as few as a few hundred map input records while others receive more than a million.