Hive >> mail # user >> Drop an HBase backed table

+
David Koch 2012-12-10, 00:06
Re: Drop an HBase backed table
Hi David,

DROP TABLE <table> is the right command to drop a table. You can look at
the hive logs under "/tmp/<user>/hive.log" to see why your shell is
hanging. With dropping an EXTERNAL TABLE, you are guaranteed that the
underlying hbase table won't be touched.

--
Swarnim