HBase, mail # dev - Re: HBase Developer's Pow-wow.

+
N Keywal 2012-08-30, 07:38
+
Stack 2012-08-30, 04:25
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-08-30, 04:35
+
Stack 2012-08-30, 04:56
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-08-29, 18:30
+
Ted Yu 2012-08-30, 17:20
+
Devaraj Das 2012-08-29, 20:06
+
Stack 2012-08-29, 20:32
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-08-30, 04:21
+
Devaraj Das 2012-08-29, 21:43
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-08-29, 23:12
+
Devaraj Das 2012-08-30, 06:12
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-08-30, 07:05
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-30, 06:58
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-08-29, 20:11
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-29, 20:15
+
Lars George 2012-08-30, 22:04
+
Devaraj Das 2012-08-30, 22:36
+
Stack 2012-08-30, 22:42
+
Stack 2012-08-31, 22:59
+
Stack 2012-09-03, 15:40
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-09-05, 04:18
+
Stack 2012-09-09, 22:08
+
Jesse Yates 2012-09-09, 22:11
+
lars hofhansl 2012-09-10, 22:46
+
Stack 2012-09-09, 22:21
+
Jesse Yates 2012-09-09, 22:25
+
Stack 2012-09-09, 22:44
+
Jacques 2012-09-10, 03:03
+
Jacques 2012-09-10, 07:03
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-10, 18:09
+
Matt Corgan 2012-09-10, 19:13
+
Jacques 2012-09-10, 23:40
+
Matt Corgan 2012-09-11, 01:20
+
Jacques 2012-09-11, 04:04
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-11, 04:22
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-09-11, 04:47
+
Ted Yu 2012-09-10, 17:51
+
Jacques 2012-09-10, 20:45
+
Stack 2012-09-10, 04:41
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-10, 17:58
Re: HBase Developer's Pow-wow.
Jacques 2012-09-10, 20:50

> The use cases considered, at least over here at TM, all come down to
> range scanning over values (e.g. WHERE INTEGER($value) < 50). So we
> need a mapping such that a scan over the index returns either lists of
> pointers to row:family:qualifier, or the value itself embedded in the
> index, following the natural order of values in the primary table as
> given by a comparator. And a number of projections like this.
I was thinking that exact criteria queries were higher priority than range
queries.  Interesting that you have a lot of needs for range queries.
 Performant range queries definitely lead to more likely storing values
next to the index and also in general a more compact storage format than is
easily achievable utilizing the shadow family idea.
> A set of
> default comparators for interpreting values as integers, longs,
> floating point, and complex JSON or AVRO records, would be useful.

Agreed.  Once a framework is in place, I see these being fairly
straightforward.
+
Ted Yu 2012-08-29, 18:40
+