MapReduce, mail # user - Inconsistent performance numbers with increased nodes

+
Alex ORee 2013-04-19, 18:28
Re: Inconsistent performance numbers with increased nodes
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmase... 2013-04-19, 19:26
Regards, Alex.
We need more information to be able to get you a good answer:
- Java version
- JVM tuning configuration
- Hadoop JT, DN, NN configuration
- Network topology
- Network speed for the cluster
- Hardware properties for all nodes in the cluster

Hadoop is an actual scalable system, where you can add more nodes and the
performance should be better, but there are some configurations which can
downgrade its performance.

Another things is:
Which platform are you using for the benchmark?
There is an amazing platform developed by Jason Dai from Intel called
Hibench, which is great for this kind of work.[1][2]

With all this information, I think that we can help you to find the root
causes behind the performance of the cluster.

[1] https://github.com/intel-hadoop/HiBench
[2]
http://hadoopsummit.org/amsterdam-blog/meet-the-presenters-jason-dai-of-intel/

--