Hadoop >> mail # user >> question regarding MapR

question regarding MapR

Hi all,

We were looking how to overcome the random write/concurrent write issue
with hdfs. We came across the MapR platform that claims to resolve this,
along with the distribued Namenode. However we are a bit concerned that
it seems that this is not open source. Does anyone have any info on
which parts of MapR are indeed open source? Or any alternative solution?

BR,
George

--

---------------------------

George Kousiouris
Electrical and Computer Engineer
Division of Communications,
Electronics and Information Engineering
Tel: +30 210 772 2546
Mobile: +30 6939354121
Fax: +30 210 772 2569
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Site: http://users.ntua.gr/gkousiou/

National Technical University of Athens
9 Heroon Polytechniou str., 157 73 Zografou, Athens, Greece