Avro >> mail # user >> building the spec

+
Jeff Hodges 2010-06-01, 05:49
+
Scott Carey 2010-06-01, 06:17
Re: building the spec
Would be nice to just move to a documentation system that works for most
people without serious wrangling and that is, itself, actually maintained
and supported (requiring Java 5 in 2010 is not actively maintained or
supported).

Anyone have some good options or opinions in this area?

 - Bruce

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Scott Carey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are you on Snow Leopard?  If so, you manually have to install a copy of
> Java 5 and overwrite the Mac symlinks in just the right way.  You don't have
> to change the default system JVM to 1.5 though.
>
> Does the symlink /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0
> point to a 1.6 JVM?  That is what it does on Snow Leopard by default.
> forrest is somehow not forward compatible with Java 1.6.  The trick to
> getting it to work is to both set the property to that symlink, and make
> sure that symlink points to an actual java 1.5 install.
>
> There are a few threads from the Avro dev list over the past ~7 months that
> discuss the steps needed to get it to work in more detail.
>
> -Scott
>
> On May 31, 2010, at 10:49 PM, Jeff Hodges wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> > I'm running into issues build the docs. Specifically, in avro trunk,
> > I'm running:
> >
> > ant
> -Djava5.home=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home
> > -Dforrest.home=/Users/jhodges/projects/apache-forrest-0.8/ doc
> >
> > on OS X. Hoever, I'm getting this gross error for which all the google
> > results say "RTFM n00b. Use Java5."
> >
> > [exec] validate-sitemap:
> > [exec]
> /Users/jhodges/projects/apache-forrest-0.8/main/webapp/resources/schema/relaxng/sitemap-v06.rng:72:31:
> > error: datatype library "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes"
> > not recognized
> >
> > But I've included -Djava5.home right there. What am I missing?
> > --
> > Jeff

+
Patrick Hunt 2010-06-01, 06:35