MapReduce, mail # user - Best Practice: How to start and shutdown a complete cluster or adding nodes when needed (Automated with Java API or Rest) (On EC2)

Best Practice: How to start and shutdown a complete cluster or adding nodes when needed (Automated with Java API or Rest) (On EC2)
Christian Schneider 2013-03-04, 15:08
Hi,
what is they best way to realize this.
On our current scenario we need the cluster only for some overnight
processing.
Therefore it would be good to shutdown the cluster overnight and store the
results on s3.

Could you suggest me some libraries or services for that? Like Whirr?
Or is the Amazons EMR what we need (but the prices are high...)?

Best Regards,
Christian.