Hive >> mail # user >> Hive on Standalone Machine

Re: Hive on Standalone Machine
Hi,

If you are talking about running Hive in local mode without pointing to a
$HADOOP_HOME I don't think it would work even if you include hadoop-core
dependency in Hive classpath since in local mode Hive will use hadoop
scripts present in  $HADOOP_HOME/bin. I came across the same requirement
recently and I got it working by changing the Hive local mode job
submission code a bit to directly invoke hadoop without going through the
hadoop script.

Regards
Buddhika