Hive >> mail # user >> about hive limit optimization settings

about hive limit optimization settings
Hi,

Do anyone know the meaning of these hive settings? The description of them are not clear to me. If someone can give me an example of how they shall be used, it would be great!

<property>
  <name>hive.limit.row.max.size</name>
  <value>100000</value>
  <description>When trying a smaller subset of data for simple LIMIT, how much size we need to guarantee
   each row to have at least.</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.limit.optimize.limit.file</name>
  <value>10</value>
  <description>When trying a smaller subset of data for simple LIMIT, maximum number of files we can
   sample.</description>
</property>

Regards,

James