HBase >> mail # user >> Mapred job failing with LeaseException

Re: Mapred job failing with LeaseException
The reason you get LeaseExceptions is that the time between two
scanner.next() calls exceeded your hbase.regionserver.lease.period
setting which defaults to 60s. Whether it is your "client" or your
"map task", if it opens a Scan against HBase, scanner.next() should
continue to get invoked within this lease period - else, the client is
considered dead and the lease is expired. When this "dead" client
comes back and tries to do a scanner.next(), it gets a LeaseException.

There are several threads on this ... so - google for "hbase scanner
leaseexception" and such. See:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hbase-user/200903.mbox/%[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E
 http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.hadoop.hbase.user/10225

Are you doing some processing in between two scanner.next() calls that
takes over 60s over time?
--Suraj