HBase >> mail # user >> On 'routs' and traackr

Re: On 'routs' and traackr
Regardless of Traackr or whatever mud/fud the Hypertable folks want to
sling, let's not lose focus on what we're doing: building the most
scalable, solid, data storage system out there.

It's nice to learn lessons from folks who have moved off of HBase or
those who want to try to compete. But also keep in mind that though we
might have lost one user, we've gained so many other much larger
installs in the last year or two - I won't sweat the loss of a few
people over to MongoDB. They'll always crush us on feature set, but
we'll always crush them on so many other dimensions. We can't be all
things to all people, so let's keep with what we're good at.

One nice anecdote: I recently gave a talk comparing HBase and Accumulo
in which I tried to use one slide to show a comparison of community
size and number of production deploys. I quickly ran out of space on
the slide for all the logos of HBase users (while the other half of
the slide had one nice big one).

Todd

--
Todd Lipcon