Drill >> mail # dev >> How to "Setup common, ref and sqlparser java projects"

How to "Setup common, ref and sqlparser java projects"
Hello,
I am following this url for the project setup in eclipse.  After completing "clone the sources via git command line, and then File|Import... as "Existing Maven Project" by pointing to the pom.xml in the project root folder", how do I "Clone the souces to your local. Setup common, ref and sqlparser java projects"?  Can I do away with the second clone instruction?  Can you explain what setup here refers to?
And has it been decided not to checkin Eclipse files?
Regards,Ravi