HBase >> mail # dev >> VOTE: hbase-0.95RC1, the second "Development" Series Release is available [WAS -> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote]

Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95RC1, the second "Development" Series Release is available [WAS -> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote]
Shipping the native libs is difficult anyway, because the artifacts will
depend on the particular architecture/OS that you compile on. (eg if you
compile on Ubuntu 12.04, it'll be useless on RHEL6 or vice versa).

If we want them to work out of the box, we'd need to cross-compile or
otherwise do the native lib compile on a number of different slaves and
collapse them back down into a single dist tarball.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera