From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:29:23 -0500
Subject: Re: NEED HELP in Hive Query
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

select NAME, DATE, URL, SUM(HITCOUNT) as HITCOUNT from yourtable group by NAME, DATE, URL
That's the HIVE answer. Not sure the PIG answer.

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 9:54 AM, yogesh dhari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have this file. I want this operation to perform in HIVE & PIG

      NAME                  DATE               URL                                                                           HITCOUNT
   timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/index.aspx?page=tparchives    15
    timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/index.aspx?page=article§id=1&contentid=200812182008121814134447219270b26    20
    timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/    37
    timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/section/39/Job%20Wise    14
    timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/article/7/2011062120110621171709769aacc537/Work-environment--Employee-productivity.html    20
    timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/    17
    timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/section/2/Interviews    15
    timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/    17
   timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/    27
    timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/    37
    timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/    27
    timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://www.timesascent.in/    16
    timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/section/2/Interviews    14
    timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/    14
    timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/    22
I want to add all HITCOUNT for the same NAME, DATE & URL

like

 timesascent.in    2008-08-27    http://timesascent.in/    (addition of all hitcount under same name, date, url   (37+17+17+27+....))

Please suggest me is there any method to perform this query.
Thanks & Regards
Yogesh Kumar