Hive >> mail # user >> Creating a table with a custom InputFormat

Creating a table with a custom InputFormat
Hi,

I want to create a table with a custom InputFormat.  For example, something
like this:

CREATE TABLE xxx (blah string)
STORED AS
   INPUTFORMAT 'org.foo.MyInputFormat'
   OUTPUTFORMAT 'org.foo.MyOutputFormat'
;

I also want to be able specify some configuration values that will be
available to the InputFormat (possibly via the JobConf).  Is this
possible?

It looks like "stored by"/HiveStorageHandler might make this possible by
allowing me to push TBLPROPERTIES into the JobConf.  But I would like to
avoid a non-native table if possible.

Thanks,
Josh
+