Chukwa >> mail # user >> Deadlock happening in ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender

+
Abhijit Dhar 2012-06-22, 16:50
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-24, 19:20
+
Abhijit Dhar 2012-06-25, 01:27
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-25, 02:55
+
Abhijit Dhar 2012-07-06, 01:01
Re: Deadlock happening in ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender
Hi Abhijit,

SocketAppender serializes LoggingEvent object to the listening port.
In theory, you can get the full logging event without having to depend
on layout.  SocketAdaptor setRecordType by the type defined during
adaptor creation.  It is not possible to setRecordType using
SocketAppender because recordType is Chukwa specific concept.  Log4J
does not know anything about this.  In SocketAdaptor, it is
serializing the log event into a byte array.  It doesn't handle the
Throwable part of the logging message.  This is why it appears as
first line only.  However, if you put in message like:

log.error("this is line 1.\nthis is line 2.");

This will log as 2 lines.  Chukwa probably should handle throwable
part of the logging event, but it doesn't do that today.

regards,
Eric