HBase >> mail # dev >> Identifying which configurations are experimental

Re: Identifying which configurations are experimental
Yeah, but there's a distinction between hbase.regionserver.maxlogs
which is only in the code and not experimental at all VS
hbase.offheapcache.percentage which enables something that we decided
was experimental.

My motivation for this discussion is about the latter, and the concern
is how to make it really obvious that you may get yourself in trouble
(sorry if that wasn't clear). $random_newb wouldn't know to look for a
list of experimental configurations in the manual IMO.

Do you agree? Or do you feel that there's no need for making things
more obvious?

J-D