Hive >> mail # user >> Re: hive-site.xml not found on classpath

+
Stephen Boesch 2012-11-29, 08:56
+
Shreepadma Venugopalan 2012-11-29, 20:42
+
Stephen Boesch 2012-11-29, 20:46
+
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2012-11-29, 20:54
+
Stephen Boesch 2012-11-29, 21:02
+
Bing Li 2012-11-30, 07:01
Re: hive-site.xml not found on classpath
Yes i do mean the log is in the wrong location, since it was set to a
persistent path in the $HIVE_CONF_DIR/lhive-log4j.properties.

None of the files in that directory appear to be picked up properly:
neither the hive-site.xml nor log4j.properties.

I have put echo statements into the 'hive" and the hive-config.sh  shell
scripts and the echo statements prove that  HIVE_CONF_DIR is set properly:
 /shared/hive/conf

But even so the following problems occur:

   - the message "hive-site.xml is not found in the classpath"
   - none of the hive-site.xml values are taking properly
   - the log4j.properties in that same directory is not taking effect.

+
Bing Li 2012-11-30, 08:01
+
Stephen Boesch 2012-11-30, 08:15