Flume >> mail # user >> Usage of  use-fast-replay for FileChannel

Usage of  use-fast-replay for FileChannel
Hi,
   For FileChannel, how much of a performance improvement in replay times were observed with use-fast-replay? We currently have use-fast-replay set to false and were replaying about 6 G of data. We noticed replay times of about one hour. I looked at the code and it appears that fast-replay does not guarantee the same ordering of events during replay. Is this accurate? Are there any other downsides of using fast-replay? Any stability concerns?
Thanks,
~Rahul.