HBase >> mail # dev >> Interesting YCBS Benchmark

Re: Interesting YCBS Benchmark
These slides were presented at FOSDEM, the conference where I just spoke about FB & HBase.  I went to the talk.

There were some glaringly obvious problems that came out during the Q&A.  Someone asked how many regions he had. Didnt know. Are you network or IO or CPU bottlenecked? Didn't know.  Too many of the results for HBase and other DBs, he just said "I'm not sure what's going on here".

The publisher was a grad student who seemed to have done this work for his masters.  I'm glad we have ppl interested in analyzing HBase, but you need to understand that this is not a thorough evaluation. The main thing for him was learning how all these DBs worked at a high level and thinking of novel benchmark scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone