HDFS >> mail # user >> Regarding: Merging two hadoop clusters

+
Shashank Agarwal 2013-03-14, 04:38
+
Lake Chang 2013-03-14, 05:45
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-03-14, 06:46
+
vivek 2013-03-14, 08:39
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-14, 11:52
Re: Regarding: Merging two hadoop clusters
> I have two different hadoop clusters in production. One cluster is used as
> backing for HBase and the other for other things. Both hadoop clusters are
> using the same version 1.0 and I want to merge them and make them one. I
> know, one possible solution is to copy the data across, but the data is
> really huge on these clusters and it will hard for me to compromise with
> huge downtime.
> Is there any optimal way to merge two hadoop clusters.

This is not a supported feature. Hence this activity would require
understanding low level Hadoop details, quite a bit of hacking and is not
straightforward. Copying data from the clusters is the simplest solution.