Hive >> mail # user >> Re: Run Shark on Windows?

+
Reynold Xin 2012-11-14, 23:47
+
Dean Wampler 2012-11-15, 00:02
Run Shark on Windows?
Since we had two requests today for help on using Hive in
Cygwin/Windows, which doesn't work, I wonder if anyone has tried Shark
on Windows? Shark is the port of Hive to Spark, which supports a local
mode that just might work fine for testing and debugging on windows.

I've only tried Shark on the Mac and I used it with HDFS and my
pseudo-distributed mode Hadoop installation, so I have no idea if this
will work on Windows and work well. However, I would try it if I were
a Windows user ;)

Note that Shark is not feature complete with Hive at this time. Also,
it might just be easier to bite the bullet and install a virtual
machine image of Hadoop on Linux running in VMWare or VirtualBox,
anyway.

dean

--
Dean Wampler, Ph.D.