Flume, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Flume 1.4 release plan

+
Mike Percy 2013-05-22, 07:33
+
Hari Shreedharan 2013-05-22, 07:45
Re: [DISCUSS] Flume 1.4 release plan
Arvind Prabhakar 2013-05-22, 08:02
Thanks for taking this initiative Mike!

+1 for 1.4 and Mike as RM.

Regards,
Arvind Prabhakar

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Hari Shreedharan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 for Flume 1.4
> +1 for Mike being RM.
>

> Cheers,
> Hari
>

> On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM, Mike Percy wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> > We have had over 100 commits since 1.3.1, and a bunch of new features and
> > improvements including a Thrift source, much improved ElasticSearch sink,
> > support for a new plugins directory and layout, compression support in
> the
> > avro sink/source, improved checkpointing in the file channel and more,
> plus
> > a lot of bug fixes.
> >
> > It seems to me that it's time to start thinking about cutting a 1.4
> > release. I would be happy to volunteer to RM the release. Worth noting
> that
> > I will be unavailable for the next two weeks... but after that I'd be
> happy
> > to pick this up and run with it. That's also a decent amount of time for
> > people to get moving on patches and reviews for their favorite features,
> > bug fixes, etc.
> >
> > If this all sounds OK, I'd like to suggest targeting the last week of
> June
> > as a release date. If we can release in time for Hadoop Summit then that
> > would be pretty nice. Otherwise, if something comes up and we can't get
> the
> > release out that week, let's shoot for the first week of July at the
> latest.
> >
> > Please let me know your thoughts.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mike

+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-05-22, 08:09
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-05-22, 09:02
+
Ralph Goers 2013-05-26, 14:58
+
Mike Percy 2013-05-28, 13:47