HBase >> mail # user >> HBase Region Server crash if column size become to big

+
John 2013-09-11, 11:07
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-09-11, 11:34
+
John 2013-09-11, 11:42
+
Ted Yu 2013-09-11, 12:16
+
John 2013-09-11, 12:38
+
Bing Jiang 2013-09-11, 13:41
+
John 2013-09-11, 14:46
+
John 2013-09-11, 14:47
+
Michael Segel 2013-09-11, 14:53
+
Kevin Odell 2013-09-11, 15:02
+
John 2013-09-11, 15:08
+
Kevin Odell 2013-09-11, 15:15
+
Dhaval Shah 2013-09-11, 15:15
+
Kevin Odell 2013-09-11, 15:20
+
John 2013-09-11, 15:26
+
Dhaval Shah 2013-09-11, 15:33
+
Kevin Odell 2013-09-11, 15:30
+
Michael Segel 2013-09-11, 15:31
+
Dhaval Shah 2013-09-11, 15:38
Re: HBase Region Server crash if column size become to big
So the region didn't split but everything was ok?

Hmmm.

On Sep 11, 2013, at 10:38 AM, Dhaval Shah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> @Mike rows can't span multiple regions but it does not cause crashes. It simply won't allow the region to split and continue to function like a huge region. We had a similar situation long back (when we were on 256mb region sizes) and it worked (just didn't split the region).
>
> Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

Use at your own risk.
Michael Segel
michael_segel (AT) hotmail.com