Hive >> mail # user >> Building Hadoop/Hive App

+
Guillermo Alvarado 2013-08-14, 22:45
Re: Building Hadoop/Hive App
Hello Guillermo,

Sure, you can use the Thrift API to connect to Hive

https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hiveclient.html#HiveClient-Python

cheers,
esteban.
--
Cloudera, Inc.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Guillermo Alvarado <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to build an application with Hadoop. I want to know which is the
> best way to comunicate my GUI (Django based) with Hive.
>
> I have a CDH4 cluster running, I need to perform queries to hive then
> graph the response.
>
> I know there is a JDBC client and a python client but I need have
> installed hadoop in order to use it, is not there an API than I can consume
> without have installed hadoop in the GUI server?  or I need to build and
> expose an API from the Hive server (Using the clients mentioned above)that
> my GUI server will consume?
>
> So, What recommend me you guys?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Regards.