Pig >> mail # user >> Counters from a PIG Job

+
rakesh kothari 2010-10-07, 23:48
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2010-10-08, 03:10
Re: Counters from a PIG Job
Assuming you are either on trunk / 0.8 branch. Way to get counters is
through PigStats. But, in local mode Hadoop doesnt provide any
counters to Pig, so they arent available. You will get all the
counters in map-reduce mode via PigStats.

Hope it helps,
Ashutosh

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 20:10, Dmitriy Ryaboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What version of pig are you using?
>
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 4:48 PM, rakesh kothari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Couple of Questions:
>>
>> 1. What's the best way to get "Counters" out of a Pig Job execution ? (e.g.
>> Counters object exposed by "org.apache.mapreduce.hadoop.Job")
>>
>> 2. Is there anything special needs to be done to have PigStats taken (i.e.
>> any property etc ) ? I get empty PigStats when I run my job in local mode.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Rakesh

+
rakesh kothari 2010-10-08, 20:25