Pig >> mail # user >> Counters from a PIG Job

Re: Counters from a PIG Job
Assuming you are either on trunk / 0.8 branch. Way to get counters is
through PigStats. But, in local mode Hadoop doesnt provide any
counters to Pig, so they arent available. You will get all the
counters in map-reduce mode via PigStats.

Hope it helps,
Ashutosh