From: Kihwal Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: John Williams/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Kumar Ravi/Austin/IBM@IBMUS,
            Jeffrey J Heroux/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS
Date: 10/20/2011 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: Hadoop SUN JAVA dependency

I have been wanting to try hadoop on my PowerMac 8600 (now with g4!). :)

For starters, there are places (code/script) where os.name, os.arch and
sun.arch.data.model are used.
Some are written with invalid assumptions. For one, JSVC_ARCH will be
blindly set to i386 on ppc in bin/hadoop.

I suggest you file an umbrella jira and keep adding subtasks as you go.

Thanks,
Kihwal