HBase, mail # dev - COMPRESSION_COMPACT bug in shell?

Re: COMPRESSION_COMPACT bug in shell?
Stack 2012-10-15, 18:35
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Sergey Shelukhin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to clean up console code for table create and alter;

Thanks for looking into this Sergey.

> When column family specifies COMPRESSION_COMPACT, during alter it's set on
> the column descriptor:
>
>           descriptor = hcd(arg, htd)
>
>           if arg[COMPRESSION_COMPACT]
>             descriptor.setValue(COMPRESSION_COMPACT,
> arg[COMPRESSION_COMPACT])
>           end
>
> But during create it's set on the table descriptor:
>       # (3) column family spec
>               descriptor = hcd(arg, htd)
>               htd.setValue(COMPRESSION_COMPACT, arg[COMPRESSION_COMPACT])
> if ...
>
>  I see that elsewhere in alter (table_att handling) it's also set on the
> table descriptor.
>
> Setting it on the column descriptor looks like a bug...
> Is that so, or am I missing something?

I think setting it in HTableDescriptor is the bug.  I don't see it
being read out of HTableDescriptor anywhere in the code base.

St.Ack